Recent media articles and interviews
- 24 September 2015: Article in the Sydney Morning Herald “Top 100 who transform public life: Feature-100 Women of Influence” (p.12).
- 24 September 2015: Article in the Newcastle Herald “Top 100 transform public life” (p.20).
- 16 September 2015: Interviewed on the ABC radio program AM.
- 16 September 2015: Article in The Australian “Program to judge equality for women” (p.36).
- 16 September 2015: Article in the Sydney Morning Herald “Science to benefit with sage route to progress” (p.14).
- 08 August 2015: Article in The Advertiser “Science hunts a formula to help women succeed” (p.37).
- 08 July 2015: Op-Ed in The Australian “It’s a SAGE move that makes room for women” (p.33).
Previous media articles and interviews
- 13 December 2014: Article in the Newcastle Herald “Agent of change” (p.4).
- 27 November 2014: Article in The Canberra Times “Science forum looks to UK to boost number of women” (p.6).
- 28 October 2014: Article in The Chronicle “Story and video just marvellous” (p.10).
- 22 October 2014: Article in The Australian “Aunty’s rapper sort of got it right — there is plenty of anti-white racism on Q&A” (p.15)
- 27 September 2014: Article in The Weekend Australian “We need more flexible workplace conditions to let women shine in scientific pursuits” (p.20).
- 13 September 2014: Article in The Australian “Prosperity is not a given into the future” (p.20).
- 27 August 2014: Article in The Australian “Tampon ad’s message irks women in science” (p.30).
- 01 August 2014: Article in The Canberra Times “Campaign to boost women in science” (p.9).
- 25 June 2014: Article in The Australian “Schmidt leads academy’s equity push” (p.29).
- 12 January 2014: Interviewed on Channel 7, 9 and 10 Sydney news on mathematics education in NSW.
- 12 January 2014: “Add maths to HSC or we will all fail” Interview in the Sunday Telegraph (p.4).
- 14 December 2013: “Lecturers struggle with ill-prepared university students” in Sydney Morning Herald (p.11).
- January 2013: Interview in the Asia-Pacific Mathematics Newsletter, Volume 3, Number 1.
- 31 July 2012: An interview called “Laureate Fellow views a Nonlinear Life” in the Australian newspaper.
- 15 February 2012: An interview about “Maths on the decline in classrooms” on Sydney radio 2UE (hear the interview.)
- NCMS Column, Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society, Volume , 2014
- NCMS Column, Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society, Volume , 2013
- NCMS Column, Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society, Volume , 2012
- President’s Column, Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society, Volume 37, 2010
- President’s Column, Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society, Volume 36, 2009
Previous Newspaper articles and radio, TV and news interviews
- 15 May 2010: An article in the Age newspaper entitled A disaster? You do the maths follows up on the Go8 review and earlier strategic reviews. It includes quotes from an interview with me.
- 10 March 2010: The Go8 review of education in mathematics, data science and quantitative disciplines led to a lot of media interest. I was interviewed for articles in the Sydney Morning Herald and the Australian. I also did radio interviews with Adam Spencer on 702 ABC, Andrew Moore on the Alan Jones Show on 2GB (hear the interview), Peter Lusted on 2UE, and Paul Turton on ABC Statewide drive and a TV interview with Ros Childs which was broadcast on ABC’s Midday Report.
- 28 February 2010: interviewed for an article in the Sunday Telegraph.
- 02 February 2009: a letter in the Australian Financial Review.
- 18 February 2009: an opinion article in the Higher Education Supplement of the Australian.
- 01 March 2009: interviewed for an article in the Sunday Telegraph.
- The International Portfolio of the University of Sydney produced a video, in which some mathematicians, including myself, Humphrey Gastineau-Hills and students, Tegan Morrison, Robert Landsberger appear.